‹ ‹ Go Back
Fleet Car Carriers News: 2016 Fleet Car Carriers Safety Blitz
REMINDER! MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
The 8th annual Safety Blitz is next Tuesday May 24th – Thursday May 26th!
In preparation for the nationwide CVSA Roadcheck June 7th - 9th, 2016, Fleet Car Carriers will be conducting the 8th Annual Spring Safety Blitz Campaign Tuesday May 24th – Thursday May 26th, 2016. As in previous years, Fleet Car team members will be out inspecting Fleet Car trucks across the country.
The main areas of focus:
- All lighting in working order (marker, head, tail lights, ABS)
- Tires will be checked to ensure required tread, no material showing, no flat and bald tires)
- Loose items on vehicles (unsecured items not strapped down)
- Strap condition (Ensuring that damaged straps are replaced and removed from service)
- Fire extinguisher is properly mounted / charged and safety triangles (3) present and accessible
- Driver logbook (must be current to the last change in duty status or three hours. Driver must have 7 prior days log in possession)
- Driver medical card and drivers license must be in the drivers possession and valid
- Brakes must be adjusted and checked by the driver or shop
Some important dates to remember:
- Tuesday, May 24th to Thursday, May 26th - Fleet Car Carriers Safety Blitz
- Tuesday June 7th to Thursday, June 9th - CVSA RoadCheck (Nationwide Commercial Vehicle DOT Road Check)
- Thursday, May 1 to Thursday, June 9th - TA Truck Stop is offering Free Mid-Trip Inspections with attached coupon
Thanks for your constant attention to Safety and Compliance! Please direct questions or comments to the Fleet Car Safety Department.
Everyone, Everyday for Safety!